Orthodox church is One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church established by Jesus Christ 2000 years ago. Thousands of Beliefs are around us, every person meets daily with people from different religions.
The Master of Philosophy in Orthodox Studies is equivalent to European Qualifications Framework (EQF) Level 7 - Master level in the European system.
This program is 100% Research based under the supervision of JITM professors
JITM follows the Bologna process (EQF Level 7) as the learning outcomes explained in the Bologna Guide.
- European Qualifications Framework (EQF): Level 7
- European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System: 120 ECTS
- Duration: 24-48 months
- Award: Master of Philosophy in Orthodox Studies
- Age: Minimum age 27 years
- Previous study: Bachelor Degree in Theology, Religions or equivalent
- English level: IELTS or equivalent
- Study Method: Distance
- Fee: Free of Charge (by Donation)
How long is the thesis?
student must write at least 60.000 word (from chapter 1 to chapter 5)
Documents to be submitted to be accepted (please note the number of applications for this program is huge):
- Copy of Passport or National ID
- Copy of Bachelor Degree in Theology or equivalent
- Personal Picture
- At least 7 years working experience for non-profit organizations (Church, University, etc...)
- Motivation letter
- Certificate of Good Standing
- 2 Academic Recommendation Letters (example: university Professor, Dean, Rector, etc...)
- Student must have 2 recommendation letters from 2 two Bishops, one of them must be from the orthodox church