Orthodox church is One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church established by Jesus Christ 2000 years ago.
In Doctorate Level, JITM Candidate should come already with nearly 10 years serving in the Church with a Master Degree in Orthodox Studies or related field. JITM will combine the academic / work experience which the student already gained into further knowledge and theories to improve the student know-how to be more Beneficial to the community.
JITM follows the Bologna process (EQF Level 8) as the learning outcomes explained in the Bologna Guide.
- European Qualifications Framework (EQF): Level 8
- European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System: 180 ECTS
- Duration: Please click here
- Award: Doctorate of Philosophy in Orthodox Studies
- Age: Minimum age 32 years
- Previous study: Master in Theology or equivalent
- English level: IELTS 7.5 or equivalent
- Study Method: Distance
- Fee: Free of charge (by Donation)
This program is 100% Research based under the supervision of JITM professors. The duration of the Doctorate is not standard: Please click here, student must write at least 90.000 word (from chapter 1 to chapter 5).
Documents to be submitted to be accepted (please note the number of application for this program is huge):
- Copy of Passport or National ID
- Copy of Master Degree in Theology or equivalent
- Personal Picture
- At least 10 years working experience for non-profit organizations (Church, University, etc...)
- Motivation letter
- Certificate of Good Standing
- 2 Academic Recommendation Letters (example: university Professor, Dean, Rector, etc...)
- Student must have 2 recommendation letters from 2 two Bishops, one of them must from the orthodox church